Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yia Yia

Yia Yia is the Greek word for Grandma. Sometime on or around February 22, 2010 I will be a Yia Yia to a sweet new gift in Florida. No, I am not Greek but my daughter has married a wonderful Greek man from a wonderful Greek family so my grandchild will be Greek. I wonder what the opposite of a rock in my brook would be...Maybe a strong current? Or a school of fast-swimming fish? Or maybe a downward slope. Whatever it is, I seem to have many of them of late. So much so that I have begun a "Gratitude Journal." In this journal I write each day (sometimes several times a day--whenever the feeling strikes me) everything for which I am grateful. My heart is so full every time I open or close that book. Grab a notebook or a journal with a happy illustration and start writing. You'll be surprised how many wonderful things are bestowed upon you all the time--the more you write, the more you notice. Just try it and see how warm and happy it makes you feel--you'll be hooked!
Jen;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

All blog content © 2010 by Jen Picardi at "The Brook Would Have No Music"
Blog Design © 2010 by Rabbity Things™ Designs